Posted on: 2012-09-29 01:56:43
Senior Marketing Manager - Wireless (San Diego, CA)
The Senior Marketing Manager will report to the Director of Marketing and be tasked with overall strategy, development and execution of marketing activities for Kyocera Communications, Inc. This is a senior-level marketing management position that will require executive-level interaction, direct report management, multi-disciplinary function and measured results performance.
- 8+ years of demonstrated success in managing marketing programs, product marketing, or similar discipline
- Wireless and/or consumer electronic industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with executive-level contacts (both customer and internal), as well as with partner-level contacts within the Engineering and Sales teams
- Financial management and reporting
- Agency direction and management
- Market research (primary and secondary)
- Top notch presentation and communication skills
- Marketing degree, MBA preferred
- Travel expectations around 15%. Not regular travel but expected to be on road for extended periods once per quarter
- Responsible for go-to-market plan development and execution for all handsets launched in the Americas.
- Develops and manages strategic plan for best-use of marketing resources to support company business objectives and sales goals.
- Manages overall marketing budget including development, reporting and reconciliation.
- Leads product roadmap positioning and messaging, strategic approach and recommendations for go-to-market activities.
- Provides analysis and direction for market research activities both primary and secondary.
- Works with Product Planning and Engineering to ensure that products are positioned effectively in the marketplace.
- Manage integration of resources and efforts across all areas of Marketing, including PR, Marketing Communications, Channel Marketing, Brand & Advertising, Web & Event Management.
- Responsible for creating and implementing strategy for branding, promoting and selling Kyocera wireless products.
- Management and supervision of 2-3 marketing team members. Overall matrix management of the entire marketing team for all go-to-market activities.
- Poor decisions or failure to achieve results will add to costs and may impact the short-term goals of the organization
- Develops and administers schedules and performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities
SCOPE OR IMPACT (financial or other quantitative measures)
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems
- Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities