Posted on: 2012-10-24 00:20:29
Sr. Mgr., Service Accounts (San Diego, CA)
The Sr. Manager, Service Accounts is responsible for managing general business transactions and establishing key strategic partnerships with wireless carriers and service centers. Includes negotiating contracts, customer relations, spare parts and FRU order status, and communication of product and service performance to the carrier.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Operations Management or related field, MBA strongly preferred.
- 5+ years managing customer accounts in a consumer products repair industry, preferably wireless.
- Broad knowledge of consumer product repair industry and process.
- Experience interfacing with a Japanese company (preferred)
- Experience with Service Agreement contract negotiation
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations: planning/procurement/manufacturing/distribution.
- Demonstrated success at controlling repair costs of consumer products
- Experience with problem solving across national boundaries
- Ability to confront issues and professionally manage them to resolution
- Experience with repair invoice review and approval
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills
- Manages the implementation of regional support strategies for post-sales support and reverse logistics
- Negotiates and establishes contractual terms with service centers and service vendors
- Responsible for periodic reporting on service center and handset performance to carrier
- Applies understanding of service operations costs to develop and propose service options for customers, with consideration for company profitability
- Establishes key partnerships with service vendors
- Acts as a primary contact to executive staff for field service operations issues
- Manages field returns budgets and project schedules
- Applies supply chain management, constrains management, TQM, financial analysis, system dynamics and global logistic management techniques to drive field support strategies
- Develops, negotiates, and controls budgets, ensuring that corporate requirements are met
- Reports on progress vs goals related to profit and loss of the field operations strategies to senior management
- Manages performance expectations with service center account managers and their accounts as well as with internal product support staff for the analysis of data
- Works with other team members to resolve issues related to key accounts
- Visits key vendors and territories to establish relationships with the management of service centers
- Performs other activities as needed