North America-based counterpart to the Japan-based Project Leads (PL) on the development of mobile handsets and other wireless devices. The Program Manager works with the PL to create product schedules, responsibility matrices, and development budgets. The Program Manager is responsible for most in-market activities, such as customer communications and negotiations, technical issue tracking, and communications with Sales and Marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar field
- 5-8 years engineering and/or program management experience
- Bilingual English/Japanese fluency is required
- Experience with project planning tools
- Effective presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Customer oriented and strong personal skills
- Consumer product and high-volume manufacturing experience
- Ability to work in a small office environment that is a satellite office for the parent company
- Drives customer requirements and customer acceptance of new wireless products.
- Communicates project status and issues between Japan-based product development teams and US wireless carrier.
- Works closely with development team to ensure all deliverables in the customer acceptance process are of high quality and on schedule.Works as technical interface between development team and carrier during the Requirements phase and Customer Acceptance phase of each program.
- Assists development team in reproducing and debugging issues.