The KR2 Mobile Router allows you to create a Wi-Fi® hotspot virtually anywhere. It uses 1xEV-DO as its WAN backhaul and functions like an access point supporting multiple computers and devices with wireless broadband connectivity. All you need is a PCMCIA Card, Express card, USB (phone or modem), or cable modem connection. The KR2 Mobile Router is especially useful for mobile work groups such as emergency mobile deployments, dispatch teams, consultants, road-warrior sales groups, satellite offices, command posts, in RV's or public transportation, and more. It can also be used as a reliable alternative or in conjunction with fixed broadband services in your home.
- Flexible broadband connectivity with a PCMCIA, Express card, or USB connection (phone or modem) enables you to set up a Wi-Fi hotspot virtually anywhere.*
- Multiple users can share high-speed connections with rates up to 3.1 Mbps.
- Fail-over capabilities for use as a conventional router with wireless EV-DO as a backup.
- Compatible with Cable/DSL Modems
- Smooth migration to future EV-DO releases and upgradeable firmware.
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup for improved security when pairing with another Wi-Fi device, preventing unauthorized devices from connecting.
- Built-in 10/100 Mbps switch with 4 Ethernet ports
- Automatic receipt of IP addresses with DHCP server
- Easy setup and management of secured LAN with WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi protected access with Pre-Shared Key), and a push button for WPS (Wi-Fi protected Setup).
- Browser-based configuration and easy set-up wizard.
- Access Control to manage users
- NAT with VPN pass-through
- Industry-leading firewall security
- User-friendly configuration and diagnostic utilities
- Wi-Fi Operates in 2.4 GHz frequency range
- Signal Strength Meter at start-up
- Wi-Fi® Certified
- Multi-language firmware
*Please refer to your service provider for detailed feature information and service terms.